If you are like me, the first thing that pops into your head when you hear the word “Generosity” is money. No matter how old you are, who doesn’t like getting a card in the mail with a check or an unexpected gift card? Generosity can certainly be related to money, but it means so much more.
This weekend we will take a break from Galatians and embark on a 2-week series focusing on Generosity. God wants us to be generous, so let’s explore what this looks like in our lives together. Feel free to read ahead: Matthew 25: 14 – 30.
We have some exciting events coming up at Hope:
- Men’s Breakfast — TOMORROW! Saturday, October 12, 8:30–10 a.m. Start your weekend off right with Faith, Food & Fellowship. Get to know some great guys who will also help you nurture your faith.
- Fall Harvest — Saturday, October 26, 5–7 p.m. Cookout, hayride, fun games, and S’mores around the campfire. Let’s enjoy our beautiful property as Hope Community transforms into a fall wonderland. P.S. This is also a great event for any new families you know (or would like to know)!
- Operation Christmas Child. This past Sunday, Elder Ed Sturgis presented Operation Christmas Child. We are committed to 100 shoe boxes, which will be available for pickup Sunday October 20. In the meantime, here are some shopping ideas: Click Here.
Let’s bless some children in need this Christmas!
Be on the lookout for more information about:
- Weekend to Remember Marriage Conference — February 14–16, 2020 (Keep the date!)
- Sunday Morning Security — We will be adopting new guidelines to better protect ourselves on Sunday mornings. Details coming soon.
Finally, I want to praise our Care Groups. Over the past several weeks, I’ve spoken with a number of individuals who expressed how blessed they are to be a part of a Care Group. If you haven’t yet gotten involved, I can’t encourage you enough — step out and live a little.
See you Sunday,
“If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”
Matthew 16: 24 – 26