One thing I am convinced of is that there are resources available for just about everything. Whether it is increasing your typing speed, learning stretching exercises, or exploring the root causes of the Great Depression, if you want to do it or learn more about it, there are all sorts of resources available.
This past Sunday, John DiGregorio spoke about Spiritual Resources. At Hope, we want to encourage you in your walk and we are blessed to live in a society where we have so many tremendous resources to aid in your journey with God.
When you are sitting on the beach this summer, why not grab one of these great books:
- More Than A Carpenter (Josh McDowell)
- Mere Christianity (CS Lewis)
- The Case for Christ (Lee Strobel)
- Marriage: Love & Respect (Emerson Eggerichs)
If you are on the road often, here are some great Podcasts to subscribe to:
- Truth for Life (Alistar Begg)
- Calvary Chapel of Philadelphia (Joe Focht)
- RZIM: Let My People Think (Ravi Zacharias)
- Pilesgrove Hope Community Church :)
If you have satellite radio, check out some of these channels:
- The Message: Channel 63 — Some of the best Christian music from yesterday and today.
- Kirk Franklin’s Gospel: Channel 64 — Award-winning Gospel music.
- Family Talk: Channel 131 — Various Preachers & Discussion.
As with all resources, there may be some that are not as helpful as others, so ask God to give you discernment.
There are great resources for reading the Bible — whether it is devotionals (Our Daily Bread & Discovery are available on our Information Table) or even some tremendous study Bibles. If you are looking to spruce up your time with the Bible, touch base with John as he has the lead on some great resources and would love to connect with you. Email John DiGregorio.